Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Music Selection

Today I'd like to talk about how I selected the music I am using for my documentary. I have been good friends with my guitar teacher Brent Stater who has taught me a lot since I first met him. He has a really great taste for music and has been teaching for quite some time now. He is involved a band and has done a lot of opera in the past. I knew he would be a great choice and he loved the idea of making music for the documentary the moment I explained what it was about. He mentioned as a parent that he has tried his very best to bring his children up well. He agreed that this project was detrimental to the organization in helping children with literacy. Therefore he was the primary writer behind most of the music. However he wasn't the only musician I wanted to use though, Ricci Minella is the lead guitarist and lead singer of my band "The Fields". Ricci is a by far one of the best writers I have had the fortune to come across. He is also a very talented singer and with his catchy lyrics and chords I always find something sentimental about the sound. I was able to get a few recordings done of just him playing guitar and singing. I think the songs I chose will increase the entertainment of the production as a whole. I always heard uplifting music along in the background as hard facts are given along with touching video. I believe that I have found music that will keep it simple and keep the audience entertained. I found little to no trouble in the recording process, but I was asked to help with the writing a little bit. Therefore the only problem I came across was some writer's block. I have been involved with music for a long time now and have a lot of experience in the recording field. I was very happy with myself with how the music turned out after post production.

No comments:

Post a Comment