Monday, October 17, 2011

A lesson to be learned


One problem I ran into and didn't really expect was a technical error with the camera. I didn't end up breaking my camera, but learned a valuable lesson from last second shooting. It was raining the day I tried to shoot some of the children in my video and I ended up not getting any video that day. The cold and rain caused there to be a dew warning in the camera. This caused the camera to not want to turn on until it warmed up a little more. I ended up calling a few people not knowing what exactly the warning on the view finder meant at first. After talking to the technical director we decided to let the camera sit in a warm area and hoped for the best. However I was running out of time and after a good ten minutes of trying to turn on the camera and failing I had to bag the shooting for that day. I later received a call from my professor suggesting that next time I take out the camera to shoot that I take it out at least an hour before I planned on shooting. I kept this advice as I moved on in shooting my project. Word to the wise, don't leave your camera in your car on a cold day and take it out only seconds before you want to shoot your video.

No comments:

Post a Comment