Thursday, September 22, 2011

FAQ & Festival

FAQ
Q: Where are you shopping your documentary for peer review?  

A: I'd like to somehow get premieres of my documentary on youtube with out spilling the whole story. This way peers can see videos and hear the audio and I am not spoiling the surprise completely, but rather teasing the documentary.

Q: Why is putting it out there for review, feedback and a competition important?  

A: I think hearing other people's ideas can always shape your documentary and inspire new ideas of your own. Hearing another person's perspective can always shed light on something you yourself didn't think of before. Also you realize that talking with peers that you know have made great productions in the past will always have good constructive criticism to give.

Q: What is your biggest hope and fear for the competition you have to enter?

A: My biggest hope would be to win it; the festival is close enough that I could drive out and accept the award. I'd also settle for receiving an e-mail or notification that my documentary was throughly enjoyed if it did not win. My biggest fear would have to be if it wasn't enjoyed at all or received negative feedback. I don't know if this information could be relayed to me by the festival, but it is still definitely a fear of mine.

The Festival


I'll be entering in The Great Lakes International Film Festival. I chose this festival because the rules and regulations were rather loose therefore granting me the ability to follow my vision without running into problems. I also decided on this festival due to the location; it is very close to the college in case anyone would be interested in going. It would fall under the category of documentary short. The deadline is about January 8th and the festival takes place the following september (around 23rd).


This link will take you to their website where you can see past festivals and the current entries as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment